THE COMPANY Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM) is a global leader in telepresence, video, and voice solutions and a visionary in communications that empower people to connect and collaborate everywhere. The company operates in all major geographic locations and has over 40 facilities worldwide. In 2009, Polycom’s revenues were approximately $1Billion, generating $180 Million in positive cash flow, and exiting the year with $467 Million in cash and investments and no debt. The company has completed 11 acquisitions and has recently announced an organic investment plan that includes the addition of new customer briefing sites in key global geographies. The company just posted record 1Q10 results of $276M in revenues and a beat of its bottom-line.
Responsible for developing video applications and framework for embedded video conferencing platforms. The ideal candidate should have experience developing and debugging embedded "C" applications. The candidate should be familiar with video processing including; capture, format conversion, scaling and display. Knowledge of graphic processing is highly desirable. DSP programming experience is highly desired
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Video SW Development Engineer IV Req #: 11076
LOCATION: Austin, TX
- Strong Linux experience.
- Degree in EE, CS or Computer Engineering
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years work experience developing embedded
- Strong "C" programming skills.
- Multi-threaded and Real-time application experience.
- DSP Programming experience a plus
- Object-Oriented Programming a plus
- Experience with video frameworks such as: OpenMax and GStreamer a plus
- Graphics experience such as: OpenVG or OpenGL a plus
Jeff Polo -Sr. Recruiter
Jeff (dot) polo (at) polycom (dot) com