Immediate need for a Configuration Manager/Build-Release Engineer. This is a full time, permanent opportunity with a fast growing company in Austin, TX!
Due to the unique nature of builds, platforms, and releases in an open source project, this is a unique engineering opportunity to create a configuration management program from the start, and it requires a rare skill set of coding and organizing artifacts in a fast-paced environment. The Configuration Manager will be responsible for ensuring the software release lifecycle is of the highest quality and efficiency to the point of being fully automated. The Configuration Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all areas of the build and release process have minimal impact on the core product engineering.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and develop a configuration management program to deal with internal builds, installations, and external packaging and distribution.
• Play an active role in ensuring the quality of all release artifacts is production ready, including packaged installers, manual installation scripts, and associated documentation.
• Manage all build and release activities with a serious emphasis on automation wherever possible.
• Implement a continual improvement process for an open source environment, including the ability to operate within a distributed Agile team.
Experience Required: Qualifications include:
• Extensive experience developing and implementing configuration management programs and processes. (7+ years)
• Development experience with Python, Perl, Bash scripts, etc. (5+ years)
• Experience source control, build, and installation tools: Subversion, BitRock, make, RPM, Apt, Maven, etc. (5+ years)
• Experience with a wide variety of Linux, Unix, and Windows environments with excellent knowledge of their command shells. (5+ years)
• Experience with Selenium and other browser based automation. (3+ years)
• Experience working with open source software projects preferred. (2+ years)
• College degree preferred (BS or higher).
If you or someone you may know are interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.