Assumes complete ownership of customer issue until resolved involving multiple inbound and outbound communications. They will own the issue and engage/collaborate with multiple resources.
· Acts independently with substantial latitude to determine methods and procedures on assignments, setting objectives and deciding how to proceed.
· Provides leadership and mentors team members to transfer skills as well as technicians in other support areas.
· May triage unresolved software issues according to department procedures and answer technical questions, resolve, or escalate problems.
· May provide weekly feedback on coaching and training events that took place during the week and how the team is progressing.
· Works closely with manager to communicate any employee issues, and have the manager deal with them directly.
· May be responsible for the technical skill development of a team and evaluated on how well they perform on key performance indicators.
· Proactively engages the required resources to ensure the customer expectation is exceeded in a timely manner.
· Experienced telephone etiquette skills.
· Manage time and prioritize effectively.
· Demonstrate initiative and good judgment in resolving issues effecting customer satisfaction.
· Significant knowledge of Dell products, customer service, policies and procedures.
· Able to deal with high degrees of ambiguity.
· Works effectively and efficiently under time constraints and high stress/pressure environments.
· Working research and analytical skills.
· Experienced organization and problem solving skills.
Candidates are required to have a minimum of one of the following full certifications:
* MCSE, CNE, RHCE, RHCT, LPIC1, LPIC2, CCNP or EMC Expert
Additional technical support background and requirements:
* 2-year degree with 1-2 years of Enterprise support experience or 3-5 years of Enterprise support experience.
The candidate will need to have minimum of one year experience in a case base support environment required.
* Advanced expertise in Microsoft, Novell, and Red Hat applications
* 1 year or greater of advanced experience in server support in enterprise business continuance technology
* Exceptional demonstration of case ownership/resolution experience for mission critical customer environments
Career Fair Info
Career Fair for Technical Support Representatives
Friday, February 29th
Wednesday, March 12th
Dell Campus, building 3 East lobby
1 Dell Way, Round Rock, TX