Web Developer Job Description
Initiate Systems is the proven leader in one of the world’s hottest enterprise software categories: Master Data Management (MDM). Their cutting-edge solutions enable organizations to identify, consolidate, and create a trusted view of the data they have across different systems. Initiate Systems is considered a visionary in their field by major industry consultants. They serve a variety of industries with offices around the globe and have an impressive client base, including many Fortune 500, government and large healthcare clients, such as Microsoft, CVS, Humana, Wells Fargo, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Chicago, Initiate Systems has analyzed billions of individual records for hundreds of customers in its history. They have recently experienced tremendous growth in new business and are building their solution delivery teams to accommodate that growth.
Initiate Systems offers tremendous career growth opportunities, exposure to a variety of client environments and complex projects, and an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
We are seeking a Web Developer to join our development team. This is a full time technical development position working in a distributed environment. This position is open in Austin, Tx.
• Work closely with server and other tools engineers to drive requirements, design, and development for our diverse set of UI tools. This requires the ability to quickly learn the Initiate technology stack and APIs.
• Work with Product Management, Support, and Services to ensure that our overall UI strategy is consistent and usable. This requires the ability to create Requirements Specifications and mockups.
• Utilizing best practices to build working, cross-browser, UI prototypes that other developers can decompose and instrument with server side code. Applicant should be able to code sites without the crutch of a WYSIWYG editor.
• A thorough understanding of the full web request lifecycle for dynamically driven websites. This includes session persistence mechanisms and backend database experience (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL)
• Usability experience with an emphasis on simplifying complex and large information sets.
• Solid understanding and proven experience working in a mature development environment (Perforce, Bugzilla, automated builds, automated unit tests).
• Exposure to app servers (IIS, JBoss, Apache/Tomcat).
• Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited University in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent