Looking for software engineers of all levels in Austin, TX & San Jose, CA - Please contact Elena - email@example.com if interested
PayPal Engineering is looking for a top-notch software engineer who will work on a large variety of important projects. Join PayPal and help shape the future of global economics.
We are targeting exceptional software engineers with anywhere from 1-15+ years of experience, and primary strengths in C++, Unix, SQL, Oracle, and dependable software engineering practices. Familiarity with Linux, HTML, CGI, (localization, banking systems and finance) are a plus. Degree in CS or related fields desired. You must be a strong communicator, both written and oral. You must be able to thrive in a fun, open, social environment with a high degree of autonomy.
We have several different teams hiring, but each team looks for the same skill set. The first few stages of the interview process are all the same for each team!
You will focus on the following:
• Work with the Product Management group to identify business requirements and design product specifications
• Create high-level and detailed technical design documents, and conduct design reviews
• Play an active role in implementing and providing feedback on new processes
• Provide technical guidance to other software engineers
• Implement new product features using C++ and SQL in an Apache/Linux environment
• Enhance and maintain existing product capabilities
• Develop and update product documentation
• Participate and become actively involved in team and company wide architecture discussions
• Employ technical expertise in helping team members overcome technical problems
• Adhere to release/project schedule and milestones
PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay without sharing financial information and gives consumers the flexibility to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts or account balances. With more than154 million accounts in 190 markets and 17 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is an eBay (Nasdaq:EBAY - News) company. More information about the company can be found at https://www.paypal.com.