Please email resume to Amanda Papp at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Rackspace is a highly awarded and respected managed web hosting company. We earned our place by approaching what we do from our customer’s point-of-view. We do more than just expertly support the technologies we provide (the servers, the devices, the data centers and the network); we also expertly support our customers. We call it Fanatical Support™. It’s a novel idea and it seems to work really well for all involved – our customers, our company and our employees.
Home to more than 1,700 Rackers (known to the outside world as Rackspace employees), we’ve nearly doubled in size during the past year – that’s how rapidly we’re expanding. And the growth has happened without us acquiring other companies or being acquired by another company. If you’re paying attention, this kind of growth means that we’re hiring all the time.
But just because we need to hire people, doesn’t mean we’ll let anyone in the place. There are a few prerequisites. You have to be pretty darn sharp. You need to like working hard. You should believe in Rackspace and Fanatical Support and in yourself. And you better love what you do, because we do.
1. FANATICAL SUPPORT™ in all we do
2. RESULTS first: substance over flash
3. Embrace CHANGE for excellence
4. PASSION for our work
5. Keep our PROMISES.
6. We treat each other like FRIENDS and FAMILY
The Linux System Administrator provides technical support and technical consulting for Rackspace customers. Administrators have both direct (phone) and indirect (via email) contact with customers to assist in troubleshooting and maintaining complex web server configurations. Linux Server technicians have an extensive knowledge of web hosting technologies of Linux/Unix operating systems, and are able to handle over 90% of all customer issues that may arise.
* Provide fanatical customer service at all times. Go above and beyond to solve any and all customer issues. Customer service focus is a must.
* Proactively monitor customer trouble tickets.
* Ensure that all tickets and phone calls are handled within appropriate service level agreement timeframes.
* Escalate tickets as needed
* Serve as an escalation point for lower level support technicians.
* Participate in rotating on-call schedule as a senior member of customer operations.
* DNS fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix tools
* Network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix tools
* RedHat Linux
* FreeBSD 4.x
* Sun Solaris 7 and 8
* Apache 1.3 and/or 2.0
* Qmail & VPopmail
* OpenSSH daemon and client
* Plesk Control Panel
* Generating and managing SSL certificates using openssl
* 2-3 years experience
Rackspace Managed Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer