* Provide planning, technical leadership, system administration, applications development support, systems utilities and systems security administration for Region XIII's enterprise Linux and Windows server infrastructure.
At a minimum of $53,574 annually
* Bachelor's Degree, Technical Degree (Computer Science), preferred
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), preferred
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) for Windows Server 2003, preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of work experience in providing all technical aspects of systems administration on Linux and Windows servers in an enterprise environment
* Experience performing administrative/implementation task with enterprise systems management entities (enterprise storage systems, authentication, directory services, and n-tier web application architecture.)
* Experience interfacing with Database Administrator's and System Architects.
* Experience with any of the mainstream virtualization solutions
* Experience configuring/maintaining Storage Area Network (SAN) environment
* Experience developing and implementing enterprise backup and disaster recovery plans
* Must have thorough understanding of the administrative, system and security features of Windows and Linux operating systems
* Proven ability to use scripting languages to design and implement tools, utilities, and technical project solutions
* Serve as a representative of the Center, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the educational community and with the public.
* Provide technical leadership in the implementation of high availability enterprise server environment
* Captures, monitors, and analyzes systems performance and capacity and recommends and implements policies and best practices to provide maximum resource utilization and minimum downtime
* Implement appropriate best practices for enterprise server management and backup/Disaster Recovery in coordination with Database Administrator and program areas.
* Perform proactive fault detection and diagnostic procedures
* Provides third tier technical support to Region XIII employees
* Ensures that Region XIII maintains a high level of security across its enterprise IT infrastructure
* Work with external vendors, as necessary, to resolve issues
* Collaborate with Region XIII employees to understand needs and service requirements leading to the implementation of appropriate integrated services
* Monitor vendor resources for any required operating system and underlying technology patches or upgrades
* Systems accounts management
* Plans system/environment requirements for individual projects
* Develop standards, document and train XIII employees
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
* Technical skills include experience and proficiency with the following: Installing, maintaining, tuning, load balancing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows servers; shell scripting (BASH and Perl); Apache; Tomcat, and PHP; VMWare; LDAP; Data security design and administration; and, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS.
* Knowledge of security best practices and coding standards
* Application deployment and scheduling
* Strong customer-service orientation
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Computer and peripherals
* Indoor office environment
* Work remotely as required
Please send resume and cover letter of interest with three (3) references to:
Bob Cadenhead (email@example.com)
Education Service Center, Region XIII
5701 Springdale Road
Austin, Texas 78723-3675
Education Service Center Region 13
Fax: (512) 919-5232